Here is my list of Gin Reviews:
- 1830 Sahara Dry Gin (90.5)
- Beefeater London Dry Gin (40 % abv) (78.5)
- Beefeater 24 London Dry Gin (45 % abv) (92.5)
- Berkeley Square London Dry Gin (89.5)
- Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin (87.5)
- Bols Genever (87.5)
- Boodles British Gin (90.5)
- Botanica Spiritvs Gin (85.5)
- Botanist Islay Dry Gin (93)
- Broker’s Premium London Dry Gin (40 %ABV) (86.5)
- Caorunn Gin (84)
- Citadelle Gin (88)
- Citadelle Reserve Gin (2011 Edition) (95)
- Citadelle Reserve Gin (2013 Edition) (93)
- De Kuyper Genièvre (78.5)
- Death’s Door Gin (82.5)
- Defender Island Smoked Rosemary Gin (83)
- Dictador Ortodoxy Aged Gin (87)
- Doctor’s Orders Gin (81.5)
- Eau Claire Parlour Gin (84)
- Empire London Dry Gin (86.5)
- Ferdinand’s Saar Dry Gin (Slate Riesling Infused) (87)
- Gilbey’s London Dry Gin (82.5)
- Gilpin’s Westmorland Extra Dry Gin (90.5)
- Gordon’s London Dry Gin (82)
- Hayman’s Family Reserve Gin (92.5)
- Hayman’s Old Tom Gin (88)
- Hendrick’s Gin (76.5)
- London No. 1 Original Blue Gin (87)
- Magellan Iris Flavoured Gin (83)
- Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Dry Gin (90.5)
- No. 3 London Dry Gin (92)
- No. 209 Gin (81)
- Pinnacle Imported London Dry Gin (78)
- Poli Marconi 46 Gin (89)
- Polo Club American Dry Gin (82)
- Port of Barcelona Gin (85)
- Potter’s (London) Dry Gin (77.5)
- Prairie Organic Gin (83)
- Saffron Gin (Gabriel Boudier) (84.5)
- Sahara Dry Gin (87.5)
- Shiver Gin (London Dry) (83.5)
- Tanqueray Gin (88.5)
- Tanqueray No. 10 Gin (90)
- Tanqueray Rangpur Gin (81.5)
- Ungava Gin (43.1 % ABV) (87)
- Victoria Gin (79.5)
Each Gin Review contains a rating or score out of 100, and these scores can be interpreted using the following scale:
0-25 A spirit with a rating this low would actually kill you.
26-49 Depending upon your fortitude you might actually survive this.
50 -59 You are safe to drink this…but you shouldn’t.
60-69 Substandard swill which you may offer to people you do not want to see again.
70-74 Now we have a fair mixing spirit. Accept this but make sure it is mixed into a cocktail.
75-79 You may begin to serve this to friends, again probably still cocktail territory.
80-84 We begin to enjoy this spirit neat or on the rocks. (I will still primarily mix cocktails)
85-89 Excellent for sipping or for mixing!
90-94 Definitely a primary sipping spirit, in fact you may want to hoard this for yourself.
95-97.5 The Cream of the Crop
98+ I haven’t met this bottle yet…but I want to.
Very loosely we may put my scores into terms that you may be familiar with on a Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal scale as follows:
70 – 79.5 Bronze Medal (Recommended only as a mixer)
80 – 89.5 Silver Medal (Recommended for sipping and or a high quality mixer)
90 – 95 Gold Medal (Highly recommended for sipping and for sublime cocktails.)
95.5+ Platinum Award (Highest Recommendation)