Moonshine and New Make Spirits
New distilleries are popping up all over the world and many of them are pursuing adventuresome new spirits which (because they are not aged for the length of time required by regulation) do not fit neatly into regular classifications. Some of the distilleries call their spirits ‘moonshine’ hearkening back to the days of prohibition liquor, others identify their products as grain spirit or new make distillate. There are even a resourceful distillery in Canada making a rum-like spirit out of sugar beets.
To make things easy for myself in organizing the website, I have grouped all of these new spirits as Moonshine and New Make Spirits.
- Big Rig Sugar Beet Brum (not rated)
- Demerara High Wine (84.5)
- Eau Claire Distillery Gin Rummy (84.5)
- Hansen Distillery Border Crossing Rye (82.5)
- Hawaiian Moonshine (Okolehau) (84)
- Red Cup Distillery Moonshine (Pending)
- Rig Hand White Dog Malted Barley Distillate (81.5)
- Victoria Caledonian Mac na Braiche (84)