The Rum Howler Blog

(A Website for Spirited Reviews)

  • Copyright

    Copyright is inherent when an original work is created. This means that the producer of original work is automatically granted copyright protection. This copyright protection not only exists in North America, but extends to other countries as well. Thus, all of the work produced on this blog is protected by copyright, including all of the pictures and all of the articles. These original works may not be copied or reused in any way whatsoever without the permission of the author, Chip Dykstra.
  • Cocktails and Recipes

    Click Image for Awesome Recipes

  • Industry Interviews

    Interviews

    Click the Image for Great Interviews with the Movers of Industry

  • The Rum Howler Interview (Good Food Revolution)

    Click on the Image to see my interview on Good Food Revolution

  • The Rum Howler Blog

  • Rum Reviews

  • Whisky Reviews

  • Gin Reviews

  • Tequila Reviews

  • Vodka Reviews

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 2,109 other followers

  • Subscribe

  • Visitors

    • 13,911,690 pageviews since inception
  • Archives

  • Follow The Rum Howler Blog on WordPress.com

Review: Cabo Wabo Anejo Tequila

Posted by Arctic Wolf on June 13, 2022

Cabo Wabo Tequila was created in 1996 by Rock & Roll legend, Sammy Hagar and named after the nightclub he owned in Cabo San Lucas. In 2007, Gruppo Campari purchased 80 % of the brand from the musician, and then purchased the remaining 20 % in 2011. Campari has also purchased the distilly, Destiladora San Nicolas S.A DE C.V.  which produces both Caba Wabo and the Espolon Tequila brand for Gruppa Campari as well.

Cabo Wabo Anejo is produced from agave harvested at at least 8 years old. This agave is cooked in brick ovens, the juice extracted via metal shredder and roller mill, then fermented and finally double distilled. The tequila distillate is then aged for at least 12 months in what appears to b a combination of different aging barrels.

Here is a link to my full review:

Review: Cabo Wabo Anejo Tequila

“… Initial notes of soft agave Fruit, butterscotch and spicy pepper. Vanilla and fine oak spice follow with hints of both almond and nutmeg. Some bright citrus burst through followed by more peppery spice. Light notes of chocolate and scattered tea leaves round out the nose …”

Please enjoy my review of Cabo Wabo Anejo, and if you are interested I have also provided links to my reviews of the rest of the Cabo Wabo line-up below.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

 
%d bloggers like this: