The Rum Howler Blog

(A Website for Spirited Reviews)

    Advertisements
  • Top Rums of 2017

  • Top Canadian Whiskies of 2017

  • Cocktails and Recipes

    Click Image for Awesome Recipes

  • Industry Interviews

    Interviews

    Click the Image for Great Interviews with the Movers of Industry

  • The Rum Howler Interview (Good Food Revolution)

    Click on the Image to see my interview on Good Food Revolution

  • Advertisements
  • The Rum Howler Blog

  • Copyright

    Copyright is inherent when an original work is created. This means that the producer of original work is automatically granted copyright protection. This copyright protection not only exists in North America, but extends to other countries as well. Thus, all of the work produced on this blog is protected by copyright, including all of the pictures and all of the articles. These original works may not be copied or reused in any way whatsoever without the permission of the author, Chip Dykstra.
  • Rum Reviews

  • Whisky Reviews

  • Gin Reviews

  • Tequila Reviews

  • Vodka Reviews

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 2,249 other followers

  • Subscribe

  • Visitors

    • 10,711,525 pageviews since inception
  • Archives

  • Follow The Rum Howler Blog on WordPress.com

Review: Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila

Posted by Arctic Wolf on March 5, 2018

When I first reviewed Caba Blanco Tequila six years ago, it was listed on most websites as a spirit produced from agave grown in the lowlands of Mexico’s Tequila producing region.This was important to know, because lowland agave will usually bring more earthy/punky flavours through the distillation than highland agave which tends to bring fruitier/spicier flavours through the distillation. This year when I researched the spirit, I could no longer verify any information regarding the terroir of the agave used to produce the brand. I am not sure whether anything has changed, and in fact my previous tasting notes  seemed to indicate a spirit which relied more upon highland grown agave  rather than lowland.

To be clear, I am not sure whether anything within the spirit changed, however it is true that the ownership of the brand has been evolving. Cabo Wabo Tequila was created in 1996 by Rock & Roll legend, Sammy Hagar and named after the nightclub he owned in Cabo San Lucas. In 2007, Gruppo Campari purchased 80 % of the brand from the musician, and then purchased the remaining 20 % in 2011. Thus the brand is no longer produced under the direction of Sammy Hagar.

As my original review for the spirit may no longer reflect the current contents, I thought it would be fun to revisit the Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila with an updated review.

Here is a link to that review:

Review: Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila

“… The breezes brought a mild, but firm agave scent which gave me impressions of grilled zucchini. The fruity agave was joined by the spiciness of citrus zest and spicy white pepper. There also seemed to be light impressions of mint and green bell peppers. I like the overall aroma which although mild, is also inviting …”

Please enjoy this review which concludes with my cocktail suggestion, the Deep Blue Good-bye.

Chimo!

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: