The Rum Howler Blog

(A Website for Spirited Reviews)

    Advertisements
  • Top Rums of 2017

  • Top Canadian Whiskies of 2017

  • Cocktails and Recipes

    Click Image for Awesome Recipes

  • Industry Interviews

    Interviews

    Click the Image for Great Interviews with the Movers of Industry

  • The Rum Howler Interview (Good Food Revolution)

    Click on the Image to see my interview on Good Food Revolution

  • Advertisements
  • The Rum Howler Blog

  • Copyright

    Copyright is inherent when an original work is created. This means that the producer of original work is automatically granted copyright protection. This copyright protection not only exists in North America, but extends to other countries as well. Thus, all of the work produced on this blog is protected by copyright, including all of the pictures and all of the articles. These original works may not be copied or reused in any way whatsoever without the permission of the author, Chip Dykstra.
  • Rum Reviews

  • Whisky Reviews

  • Gin Reviews

  • Tequila Reviews

  • Vodka Reviews

  • Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 2,277 other followers

  • Subscribe

  • Visitors

    • 10,972,744 pageviews since inception
  • Archives

  • Follow The Rum Howler Blog on WordPress.com

Review: Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila

Posted by Arctic Wolf on March 12, 2018

Caba Wabo Reposado was the very first tequila brand I reviewed on this website. At the time of that original review, I was told that it was produced from agave grown in the lowlands of Mexico’s Tequila producing region. This was important to know, because lowland agave will usually bring more earthy/punky flavours through the distillation than highland agave which tends to bring spicier pepper and citrus flavours through the distillation. This year when I researched Cabo Wabo, I could no longer verify any information regarding the growing region of the agave used to produce the spirit.

To be clear, I am not sure whether anything within the spirit changed, however it is true that the ownership of the brand has been evolving. Cabo Wabo Tequila was created in 1996 by Rock & Roll legend, Sammy Hagar and named after the nightclub he owned in Cabo San Lucas. In 2007, Gruppo Campari purchased 80 % of the brand from the musician, and then purchased the remaining 20 % in 2011.

As my original review for the spirit may no longer reflect the current contents, I thought it would be fun to revisit the Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila with an updated review.

Review: Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila

“… The breezes above the glass bring hot spices and citrus zest forward with the typical punky agave aroma (this aroma always reminds me of baked squash) peculiar to Tequila is muted somewhat. This seems to indicate the spirit has more highland character than lowland …”

Please enjoy my new review which concludes with my cocktail suggestion, a traditional Margarita Cocktail.

Chimo!

Advertisements

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

 
%d bloggers like this: